I have had a great response from my tutorial and some of you even chose to brave the tutorial and create your own brown paper bag flooring and even walls! For those that share your photos with me, this is where you will find them! Thanks for your responses and I look forward to another year of sharing, caring and coming off the shelf with you all! Feel free to share!
Thank you Victoria and Tina for sharing your projects!
The beginning of this year I put a blog tutorial on my brown paper bag flooring technique. I’ve had some great responses to this and have had people send pictures of their completed projects using my technique. This is so exciting. It blows my mind in such a major way. I ponder it all the time. Thank you for the responses and amazing shares from your projects, I appreciate the feed back so much. It’s in part why I took the time to share. I love finding things that inspire me, and so that if I can inspire people, it’s just all good! Ok, so in May I completed the largest art project I have ever done. It truly was the largest art floor to date! 1,300 square feet church sanctuary. The floor was in horrible shape, and because it’s an historical building there was not much we could do to level it. The church had left it bare concrete with hideous cut back from a previous flooring.
As soon as we started going to the church as parishioners I knew we had to do something about the floor! Acoustics were terrible, the “coolness” of the decor was lost with the bad floor. So I approached the staff and all agreed. They gave me creative license, lol oh boy! Here is what was come up with as the option to hide a buckled, heaved and uneven floor.
When you look at the flooring now, you don’t see the issues. I created an optical illusion with lines that draw away from structure issues. The worst part of the floor is exactly where most look at, it’s where the podium sits. Knowing that would have to be hidden, I put the church logo in a embossed raised lettering and gold leafed it. I essentially put a lampshade on the elephant in the room and it blended in. So here is the biggest art floor I’ve ever done, I am pretty impressed. Gradient light to dark or dark to light depending on how you view it. Colors pulled from the walls of the church throughout. The end result is very warm and inviting. I am however glad to be done, it was a HUGE project! ❤
To check out my flooring tutorial click here: https://trashtalkinhomesteader.wordpress.com/2014/01/03/brown-paper-bag-tutorial/
Ramboard being put in.
Ramboard in, cut out complete
dipped and dried paper tiles waiting!
I’ve started the tiling
soooo much more to go
the transistion of the gradient starting
I love the way the light shines through the windows.