This is going to be a short tutorial on how to make a Christmas tree skirt out of plastic bags. The plastic bags you get from shopping. So don’t throw them out.
Plastic bags, think ahead and plan so you’re getting the colors you want and saving them.
a design in mind
You want to set your iron at the 3rd heat setting. Be careful not to let it sit in one place to long.
1. Cut the logo from the bags and set aside to use later if you need part of the logo.
2. Cut the design components out.
3. Lay a folded sheet or something you can use to iron on.
4. Line the folded sheet with a layer of wax paper large enough to hold the plastic.
5. Layer the background of the plastic, in my case it was white, I had about 5 layers of the background plastic.
6. Lay another layer of wax paper on top of plastic layers now. (Note: make sure the wax part of face up and face down on the plastic respectively, this insures it peels away properly from the finished plastic sheet)
7. Run the iron over the entire thing briefly, you want the layers to be together enough to proceed with the next steps. You don’t want to iron as though you’re finishing yet.
8. Carefully peel one side of the wax paper off, this will be the side you apply your design components too.
9. Flip the piece over and on the side that still has the wax paper, draw a circle the size you need it, in my case I used a cardboard disc from a paper mill as my guide, the disc is HUGE. Anyway, mark and cut the circle the size you need.
10. Now that it’s cut into the circle, keep that wax on the bottom, flip the piece over again and start placing the design pieces. Once you’re done placing the design, put the wax paper you carefully took off back over the plastic, carefully, the whoosh of the wax paper going down may move your plastic pieces.
11. Iron over the entire piece again, this time you will make sure it’s all stuck in place and solid. Turn the piece over and iron the other side also.
12. Allow to cool then peel the wax paper off and VOILA! Christmas Tree Skirt. Cut your slit and your stalk hole and it’s the coolest!